The Apothecarium Good Neighbor Policy
The Apothecarium wants to continue to be a considerate and good neighbor. We welcome all community input. If there are ever any questions, concerns or suggestions from neighbors our store managers are always reachable and will field all questions, concerns or suggestions.
The Apothecarium – Marina
David James: [email protected] (415) 408-6986
2414 Lombard St, San Francisco, CA 94123
The Apothecarium – SOMA
David James: [email protected] (415) 741-0741
527 Howard St, San Francisco, CA 94105
The Apothecarium – Castro
David James: [email protected] (415) 500-2620
2029 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94114
We have the following requirements in our SOPs which guide our staff to maintain and keep the premises and adjacent sidewalks in good condition and prohibit loitering in or around the premises.
- Follow all standards (customer service, telephone, and work area) and protocols.
- Keep track of customers from the queue to the counter.
- Managing the waiting area including maintaining an orderly line if customers or patients are waiting outside the building if the waiting area is at capacity. Informing the waiting patients that the waiting room is full and we will seat them as soon as there is space available.
- Do not turn your back to the door. This creates an opportunity for a security breach and compromises the safety of staff and customers.
- Regarding breaks; your manager will notify you and if necessary your replacement when you can take your break to ensure proper coverage of the retail area during opening hours.
- Maintain and clean the sidewalk. Sweep any debris (litter, cigarette butts, broken glass, etc.), and remove cardboard boxes and trash. Scrub the sidewalk with water and a brush if necessary. Maintain a clean area that covers 50 feet of sidewalk on either side of the entrance. It may be required to place a call into the Recology/ DPW to arrange for a special pick-up if necessary.
- Maintain a clean and orderly entryway to the shop. Sweep the front entrance if litter is present.
- Ensure outside lighting illuminates the outside street and sidewalk areas and front parking spaces.
- Keep an eye out for suspicious people/behavior:
- Persons loitering for long periods of time.
- Persons exchanging cash or merchandise.
- Alcohol Consumption or cannabis consumption or other substances.
- Persons asking for or trying to sell drugs.
- These persons must be asked to leave after being given first and second verbal warnings. If they do not abide by these verbal warnings then a phone call will be made to the Non-Emergency Police. If the individuals are hostile then call the Police and describe the individuals’ appearances and their behavior and describe why they need to be removed. If the hostile person is in the store they must be asked to leave. If they do not leave on their own they may have to be escorted out. Notify a manager immediately.
- Prohibit patrons from double-parking directly outside the premises.
- Prohibit littering in or around the premises.
- Prohibit the consumption of cannabis products around the premises.
- Ensure the following notices are posted, clear, well-lit, prominently displayed and maintained at all public entrances to and exits from the establishment.
- Direct patrons to leave the establishment and neighborhood in a peaceful and orderly fashion.
- Direct patrons to not litter.
- Advise individuals of the prohibition on loitering.
- “No Smoking” signs.
- “No Consuming Cannabis” signs in any area of the premises where the consumption of cannabis and cannabis products is prohibited.